Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Summertime Picnic


The sun came out for a few hours this morning, so I moved myself outside to soak up a few rays.  The rain is much needed in our California coastal community, and we all appreciate it so much.  But feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin makes me forget about all that, as I mentally transport myself back in time, when our girls were young.  Days spent on the beach playing on boogie boards with friends.  Picnics with family friends and sand in the macaroni salad.  Watermelon juice running down little arms.  Standing in line deciding which flavor ice cream would best adorn their soon top-heavy cone.  Bottles of sun screen, and yet still brightly pinked cheeks.  Portable barbeques and matches that succumb to the wind.   Kites.  Fireworks.  Tidepools.  

I love the rain, but my best memories are in the sun, with my family.  What's better than that?   
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment