Thursday, June 10, 2010

Triple Chocolate Fat Pants Cake




With a name like " Triple-Chocolate Fat Pants Cake" how can you go wrong?  Sarah had given me a book called Babycakes,  which is a bakery in New York that specializes in vegan, gluten-free and (mostly) sugar-free recipes.  She had pointed out this particular recipe in the book as a possibility for her wedding cake, and I decided that this would be the best way to try our hand in vegan cooking.  I have eaten vegan before but never baked anything so when I looked at the ingredients I just laughed.  I had never heard of most of the ingredients before!




Sarah and Greg own a great health food store on the central coast and as I stared blankly down the aisle looking for arrowroot and garbanzo-fava bean flour, Greg was right there to point me in the right direction.  Check out their store:




The cake turned out great.  Even my meat-eating dad loved it!   It was decorated with blackberries and mint leaves to match the cupcakes below.  (Amy Bakes Cupcakes baked the vegan cupcakes and they were polished off within minutes.)  Sarah and Greg dug right into the cake but forgot that they were supposed to feed each other.  After everyone started saying, "feed each other!" they figured it out.  :-)  



This was one of the most beautiful, touching weddings I have ever attended and I was so happy to have celebrated with such amazing people.  ~K  
Congratulations!! 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment