Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Get your green on!

Our entire family tries hard to promote the rules of sustainability whenever possible. We are preparing to plant our veggies as soon as California's spring weather replaces the random snowstorm (!) that hit the Central Coast this weekend.  Kimi's hens are learning to do what hens do -- lay fresh, organic eggs!   So, in search of healthy options for dinner last week (healthy = anything green in the produce aisle), I stumbled upon a display of Oreo cookies.  But whoa, not just any Oreos....these would be Oreos with green minty filling!  I don't normally succumb to buying store-bought cookies, but I really wanted convinced myself that I needed these for a weekend project (project = XOXO creations).  It is, after all, almost St. Patrick's Day!


I experiMINTed making cookie pops.  The cake pops are great, so why not cookie pops?   The idea of an Oreo cookie, combined with a mint filling, covered with chocolate and drizzled with more chocolate?  A winning combo.





Kimi took the taste test and it's a winner!


So many cookie pops, so few mouths.   Kimi and I split them up and took them to our friends at work.  By the afternoon, I wondered why I hadn't kept just one aside for myself.  I better get back to the store and buy some more minty Oreos soon.  I sense a run on these puppies.   


An early St. Patrick's Day wish to you, from XOXO Cookies!
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

2 comments:

  1. I would have happily been a mouth to try out your new creations. Yummy!! I might be putting in an order soon for my work peeps for St. Patty's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to stop by during production trials! There were simply delectable, Darlunie!!

    ReplyDelete