Monday, July 25, 2011

Stop to Smell the Roses

... And Eat the Cookies!

July is probably my favorite month.  So many friends and family members celebrate July birthdays!  And I forgot to take pictures of some of the fun treats we tried.  The cheesecake pops were a taste hit, but we're still perfecting them, so future pictures of those are a given.


One of my favorite cookie designs for celebrating a birthday is the cupcake, since you can mix it up with multiple colors every time you make them!  And no matter what colors we choose, they just sing of happiness!


We happened to have some beautiful yellow roses in bloom this particular day, and while I was decorating, the hubster was out cutting a small bouquet.  I love the ruffled edges of these petals.


My friend at work was celebrating her birthday on this warm summer day.  Normally, we urge each other to take a walking break sometime during the course of the day, and lately we've found our way down the hill to a fully blooming rose garden.  We slow our strides to smell the roses (literally!) before heading back to our "office on the hill." 



So this blog is dedicated to a walking buddy of mine who reminds me (by her sterling example) to look on the bright side.  We actually skipped walking on this day in favor of a trip downtown to enjoy a fast, but fun lunch away from the office.


I hope her next trip around the sun brings her nothing but sunshiny smiles! 
Birthday wishes from Sheree
and
XOXO Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment