Saturday, February 20, 2010

Homage to Gramma


As promised, today was decorating day.  The stresses of the week disappear when I can immerse myself in any creative project.  Apparently my true spirit lives on the right side of my brain.  And my right brain has had a very good day!

Even more fun than decorating the cookies, was working on our future portfolio.  Taking pictures of our li'l creations all 'dressed up' for the day made me smile inside as I remembered my mom, and the dressed up holiday tables she loved to set.   She was a product of the depression, but as my mom told it, her mother always set a beautiful table with crystal, china and fine linens even in those hard times.  Having glass blowing artisans as family members, the appreciation for color, texture and patterns was not lost on the young girl. 

I am finding that the appreciation continues to meander through the blood lines.  As I explored the linen cabinets for fun colors and textures, Kimi went outside to pick some freshly rained upon camellias.  I couldn't help but imagine that my mom was somewhere watching and appreciating the efforts that were being made to dress the table in its Sunday best.   .... It's all in the details.  with xoxo, S.













No comments:

Post a Comment