Sunday, August 08, 2010

Study in White

We received a request for some more wedding shower cookies.   I always love hearing about the plans for the various celebrations.   No two parties are the same, and no two cookie orders are the same either!  The party is scheduled to be a tea party - an afternoon with guests dressed in white, enjoying the coastal sun.  Finger sandwiches, salads and ice tea are on the menu, so these little white chocolate frosted cookies in the shapes of dresses seem like the perfect choice!



I wasn't sure if I could meet the challenge of giving different looks to all white dresses, especially with my partner across the country enjoying some family time with hubby!   But once I got started, I felt like I was on an episode of one of those design shows!   Add a strand of pearls and you instantly have a more formal look.  Maybe some top-stitching here, or maybe here?    And how about a 'patterned fabric'?  Yes, a summer tea party needs patterned fabric.  



Once the cookies were finished, I transported myself back a few (ok, a few dozen!) years and considered how fun these would have been to use as props for my own Barbie doll parties.   And I imagine it would be easier to stay focused during endless hours of wedding planning if you have a dress made of sugar and white chocolate to keep your energy levels from dipping!  Yes - those pre-printed "don't forget" lists for brides should include an endless supply of cookies.    :-)  


These were all packaged up and ready for delivery.   I must admit, this order turned out to be one of my favorites so far.    But I've said that many times before, so I will reserve the option to change my mind.  ~S


Happy Wedding Planning to Heather
from XOXO Cookies !

No comments:

Post a Comment