Thursday, August 11, 2011

A New Recruit?

Arghhhh, Matey.  Who would guess that we'd be doing a second round of pirates so soon?  It seems my daughter (and Kimi's sis) had a class reunion coming up, and offered up some XOXO Cookies for the party. The high school mascot is a Pirate.



Unfortunately, my partner was off backpacking with her hubs and the grandpup, and I knew I couldn't single-handedly pull off an order that big, that quickly, alone.   So I accepted the offer of her sis to help out with the order. Little did she know. . . 


Two cups of instant hazelnut coffee and a whole lotta hours later, sis realized what she had gotten herself into.  But she is an ex-Lady Pirate herself, and she knows how to burn the midnight oil when necessary. She stayed with it until the bitter end, and worked until the very last pirate was bagged.


She did a great job, and managed to do it with good humor, a worthy attribute for this any future employer. . .      ;-)


I did ask if she would like to help us out in the future.  Her eyes smiled and her lips murmured something (I believe it may have been "You Betcha, Mom").


From what I hear, the party that celebrated ten years of life beyond high school was a huge success. I'm very glad that I was able to share several sometimes delirious, but fun long hours with another daughter and possible future recruit!    Love ya' Linds.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment