Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bake Some Cupcakes - Then Bake Some More!



I've been wanting to try this Chocolate Cherry Cupcake recipe for quite a while. What a combination, huh? I've been trying to lose weight to limit how many recipes I try out. If I don't have a reason to bake something scrumptiously tempting, I shouldn't, right?  So I spend most of my time keeping my mind open to reasons for trying new recipes!  Don't judge. It makes sense to me.


This particular weekend provided the PERFECT opportunity to try something new. Kimi told me that there was a new baby on the way and the baby was going to need open-heart surgery immediately after birth.  Her colleagues are getting together for a fund raising slow-pitch tournament in honor of the new babe.  Say no more.  I have a reason.


So with great passion I started melting, chopping, mixing and baking. I love red. It's so cheery. The perfect color for this new baby. And for his delicate baby heart. (I hate to take too much credit, but the team did exceptionally well that day.  Just sayin'. . .)


I also have been wanting an excuse to try some chocolate malted cupcakes. The hubster loves malt balls almost as much as he likes Easter Peeps. Except that he actually EATS the malt balls. He mostly just plays with the peeps.  


Well, just so happens that MY office was celebrating hiring some awesome new employees who will surely help make our days brighter (and lighter!).  So I baked a double batch of these yummies for our office's brunch, and sent the others to work with the hubster. Since he's retiring soon *happy sigh* he won't be taking my 'experiments' to work for much longer.  It's the least I could do. 


This is my favorite shot of the day. Money shot, right? And I didn't even drop it into the water! I'm happy to report that both recipes were a success.  

Most importantly though, baby Frankie has had his surgery and is doing well!  Congratulations on the birth of your son from XOXO Cookies!  (Do you suppose he will want to play baseball?)




No comments:

Post a Comment